In one of the hypersexual disorders, Pornography addiction has become one of the alarming mental as well as a physical health hazard, although it is not majorly considered as a mental disorder yet its effects cannot be neglected. Pornography is the portrayal of sexual desires, fantasies, or interests in the form of materials like pictures, videos, books/magazines which result in sexual arousal and a feeling of psychological satisfaction caused by physical relief after stimulation. Recently the surveys and studies have shown that pornography is consumed globally on such a high scale that it is intervening in the daily lifestyle of an individual in the form of a sexual addictive disorder. A porn addict is someone who is behaviorally habitual or dependent sexually on watching porn to get aroused, it kind of represents a lack of emotional and physical satisfaction in an individual’s sexual relationships over time. At First Light Psychological Services, in Kew Gardens, NY & Farmingdale, NY our staff of dedicated professionals are providing wide-ranging awareness programs about porn addiction involving all the steps of psychological dependency screening as well as physical tests to determine and diagnose the undergoing addictive disorder, which helps you to better understand about mental health and assists you to choose the right coping plan.
Symptoms of Pornography
1. Lack of satisfaction in sexual relationships
2. Emotional and physical conflicts between partners as not being up to sexual fantasies caused by porn.
3. Increased level of instability in occupational roles as inconsistent behavior due to consuming too much time over watching porn and hence lack of interest in work.
4. Lack of sense of responsibility towards one’s self and towards family and close relations.
5. Disturbed sexual drive either becomes too low or too high over time due to watching unnatural genera of pornography causing changes in brain pathways controlling behavior.
6. Increased frustration, lack of rational behavior as becoming agitated more frequently over sexual needs
7. Waste of time, efforts, and money for consuming pornography initially feeling a sense of guilt but then unable to get out from this vicious cycle of entertaining oneself with porn over and over again.
8. Deterioration of physical and mental health becoming sleep deprived, lethargic, and unmotivated in recreational activities At First Light Psychological Services, in Kew Gardens, NY & Farmingdale, NY our team of expert clinicians are providing all types of services to find out significant indications leading towards pornographic addictive tendencies and also psychological evaluations to test your behavior caused by the current mental state.
Causes of extreme interest in Pornography
• Comorbid Mental health issues: a mentally challenged individual may try to cope with distress brought about his situation by residing with pornography
• Marital complications: lack of emotional or physical support and lack of mental compatibility leading to distaste in sexual interests between partners
• Toxic cultural involvement: irregular standards and demands about sex life and social interactions created by society leads to sexual frustrations
• Hormonal imbalances: change in normal hormonal levels affects brain pathways and responses and hence attitude towards certain interests changes and affects person’s life choices and hence makes a person additive towards demanding more pornographic satisfaction and needs.
• Past history of sexual harassment/abuse
• Disturbed family relations
• Bullying and lack of self-esteem
Feeling like being the victim of the above-mentioned causes of the pornographic disorder?
Start your therapy now, schedule a consultation today with First Light Psychological Services, to seek treatment in Kew Gardens, NY & Farmingdale, NY, and let us help you identify and treat your causes of pornography addiction to improve the quality of your life.
Treatment of pornography and coping strategies
2. Relationship guidance
3. Medicational side affects
4. Lifestyle modifications
At First Light Psychological Services, in Kew Gardens, NY & Farmingdale, NY our team of expert clinicians are providing all types of services including treatment and management plans to cope with pornographic addictions and to create a psychotherapeutic environment for providing basic rehabilitation setups in order to provide best remedies and health facilities for those in need of help.